Do you wear prescription eyeglasses? If so, finding the right sunglasses can get really tricky. That's probably why you're likely juggling two pairs of glasses, squinting through non-prescription sunglasses, or forgoing sun protection altogether.
Try photochromic lenses
These light-adaptive lenses adjust their color based on your environment. When you wear them indoors, they’re clear like regular eyeglasses. Step outside and they immediately begin to darken and turn into sunglasses. They're versatile, comfortable, and very practical.
We at Giddens Optometry love photochromic lenses. Here are 5 reasons why.
1. They’re Convenient
One product with two functions? Yes, please!
With photochromic lenses, you don’t have to bring an extra pair of sunglasses with you everywhere you go. 1 pair of glasses is all you need!
2. Photochromic Technology is Better Than Ever
Photochromic lenses have come a very long way since the 1960s— when they were invented.
Their new technology allows them to transition almost instantly when entering a bright environment. And they revert back to clear lenses when going indoors.
3. Photochromic Lenses Help Reduce Eye Strain
When your eyes are comfortable, they’re less likely to feel strained. They're protected from the sun when outdoors and see clearly when indoors.
That's why those who wear photochromic lenses experience less eye strain than those who don’t. Photochromic lenses also block blue light, making them an excellent choice for computer users and gamers.
4. Photochromic Lenses Can Preserve Your Vision
Photochromic lenses are designed to block 100% of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays, so your eyes remain protected all day, every day.
You see, unfiltered UV exposure is detrimental to eye health and can lead to several eye conditions and diseases like cataracts, corneal sunburn (photokeratitis), premature aging of the eye, and eye growths.
5. Photochromic Lenses Are Fully [Customizable]
Photochromic lenses come in a variety of colors, shapes and sizes to suit any frame style. If you want to add more functions, you can also add anti-glare and anti-scratch coatings (among others) to the lenses to further personalize your eyewear.
Photochromic Lenses in Georgetown
Looking for new glasses that not only protect your vision, but also offer versatility in any light conditions and look great? Consider photochromic lenses.
Giddens Optometry offers a large selection of frames and lenses, from classic styles to trendy so you can look great and feel your very best, no matter what.
To learn more about our eyewear and services, or to schedule an appointment, call Giddens Optometry in Georgetown today!
Q: What are some popular lens coatings?
- A:Do you spend a lot of time at the computer? Or do you go for long walks during the day? We invite you to choose from a range coatings to you match your lifestyle! We offer scratch-resistant, anti-fog, anti-glare, UV protection, anti-reflective and even mirrored coatings. Contact us to find out which coatings are best for your eyes so you can enjoy ultimate vision comfort— day in and day out.
Q: Do children need to wear sunglasses?
- A:Yes! Children’s eyes absolutely need protection from harmful UV rays. This also applies to babies, by the way. You see, the lenses in children’s eyes allow more light to enter, increasing their risk of developing sight-threatening eye conditions later in life. If your child or teen doesn’t yet have a pair of UV-blocking sunglasses, contact us today! We offer children’s prescription and non-prescription sunglasses to keep your child’s eyes healthy.
Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses. Visit Giddens Optometry for an eye exam and eyeglasses that match your style.